Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Almost Time

I've been spending those precious last few weeks of freedom before I start work enjoying myself as much as possible.

The grand makeover that I described in a previous post is almost complete and it has been great fun transforming so many aspects of myself. Shopping for new clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup was a big part of the overhaul. I also feel relieved to have thrown out lots of old stuff to make way for the new.

When not putting the finishing touches to the grand makeover, I visit my favorite haunts and eating spots. It's not like I'll never be able to go to these places once I start working (there are public holidays and weekends of course), just that I'll have less time to spend there. I don't think I'll be able to linger as long as I like, savoring the atmosphere and vibes, without a care in the world. It's the same with hanging out with my good friends. Work will keep us all busy so we cannot dedicate whole days to each others' company anymore.

I suppose I will miss those halcyon days after I start working. However, having had lots of personal freedom in my hands for many months already, I do look forward to embarking on a new chapter of life next week. All that free time has been very well spent anyway. Aside from the above-mentioned shopping and eating out, I've managed to do a short stint of work, resumed learning Japanese and finally took driving lessons, so it's not like I have much regrets about wasting time.

I am ready and everything is in place. 

Now it's time to spread my wings and soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment