Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Long Goodbye (2)

Someday, I'm sure you will realize the potential within you. You'll find the path that you're meant to take, go down far, and accomplish so much.

I believe in you. I want to see you become the best you can ever be. I sincerely hope you will find the happiness and satisfaction that has eluded you for some time already.

That is why, it is better if we just let each other go.

Oh, it hurts so. My heart aches with a longing that is not possible to realize and the tears keep flowing. You embraced me, held me and comforted me but I wished for more.

Yet I stand by the decision.

I want you to the great man I know you'll be, the great man I see inside. I cannot allow myself to be the one who holds you back.

So, go, run down your chosen path. Run, achieve, and don't let me get in the way. Run and soar!

Don't you worry about me. I have my own path to seek, my own dreams to chase, my own potential to realize. Beyond beckons and I don't think I can take you with me either.

We know it is the right thing to do. It's especially hard for me, but I do understand that it is better for both of us this way.

We will be strong and work hard and attain our dreams. We will keep in touch on how we're doing along the way. Perhaps, our paths will converge some day.

This must be what it means to love, if you're willing to let someone go because you care more about their own happiness than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment