Sunday, April 28, 2013

Birthday

Today's my birthday. I've had great fun celebrating it with friends and on my own today and for the past few days, all while rushing to complete some academic work. The highlight of the celebrations has got to be heading to the Gold Coast on my own this afternoon to catch the world premiere of acclaimed anime film director Makoto Shinkai's latest movie 'The Garden of Words'. This movie deserves a post of its own so for now I'll just say that it's absolutely beautiful and struck an emotional chord within me so I highly recommend it to everyone, anime fan or not. Shinkai himself was an awesome dude, when I met him during the autograph session (yes, he came all the way down to the Gold Coast!), I mentioned that today was my birthday and requested that he write 'happy birthday' to mark the occasion, which he happily obliged and also wished me a happy birthday. Thanks dude, meeting you today and watching your beautiful new film made my birthday very happy indeed :D

Looking back over my life, I'm astounded by how much I have achieved and how much I've grown as a person. Especially since I started university. If you'd told little me that one day I'd go abroad to live and study (twice!), built rich friendships with so many people from around the world and shook hands with an acclaimed film director, she probably wouldn't have quite believe it! Here's to many more fulfilling and memorable years ahead! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment