Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June holidays!

Now that I'm completely done with my Bachelor degree, I've been soaking up the sweet, sweet freedom the June holidays bring by chilling out as much as I could.

First, some updates on myself: I will be graduating next week (gasp! so soon!) and am gearing up for the big day. My parents will be coming over from Singapore to be present on this special occasion. Unfortunately, my younger bro is unable to come as he is busy with schoolwork. After graduation, my Honours programme will begin! Yes, I have been informed that I met all the requirements to do my Honours and am looking forward to getting started :D

Meanwhile, I have been enjoying my precious free time as much as I can. Unlike previous holidays, I did not go back to Singapore to visit this time as I felt that it will be better to stay behind to settle the various Honours application stuff. Also, a few good friends of mine are graduating and returning to their home countries for good, and I wanted to spend time with them since we may not meet again. There's not a whole lot to do in Brisbane so I've given myself little projects to do over the holiday. My aim is to pursue my hobbies as much as I can now that I have free time, as I know the Honours programme is going to be a busy one. So far, I've completed Book 1 (Game of Thrones) of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and the Game of Thrones TV season 1, made Chinese steamed bao and pounded a new batch of Thai green curry paste, kept in touch with some people important to me, caught up with good pals of mine, ate at my favourite eateries and discovered new favourites, did some shopping, resumed manga-drawing and finally got a chance to travel to Melbourne! Yep, life is good, really good!

Keep an eye out for more posts, I'm hoping to blog more about my life in Brisbane :D

No comments:

Post a Comment