Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Homeward bound

Another semester of university has come and gone. Tomorrow, I will be returning to Singapore to spend my summer holidays. In the days leading up to my departure, I ate out a lot, and met up with many friends. Eating out is one of my favourite activities to do in Brisbane, though I don't do it often because eating out in Brisbane is generally more expensive than doing so in Singapore. For the past few days, I checked out a few new eateries and revisited many favourite spots, eating the dishes I enjoy before I head back home. Brisbane has a pretty diverse and good food scene and I have sampled a great many cuisines here. Next semester, I'll blog more about my favourite eateries in Brisbane! I also caught up with many friends over the past few days. A few of my friends will be graduating and leaving Brisbane, and though we will certainly keep in touch via social media, it is uncertain if we will ever see each other again.

This time of the semester is always the most bittersweet part. You realize that the people in your life come and go, and you yourself will eventually move on to embark on a new stage of life. You fix that by setting aside time to meet up or to do something, and enjoy yourself. Yet, you think to yourself if only you had spent just a bit more time with so-and-so or doing so-and-so during the semester.

Oh well. I will still be in Brisbane  a little longer (and am intending to stay on longer after that), and I will definitely make the best out of my time in Australia. For now, though, it's bye bye Brisbane, for I am homeward bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment