Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm still here

I know.

I know it's been more than a month since I last updated. My apologies to anyone who has been following this blog and wondering if I abandoned it. No, it has not been abandoned, just neglected for so long due to my laziness, procrastination and preoccupation with a variety of stuff. I'm writing this entry to break that long lull, and also reaffirm my commitment to keeping this blog going, for I still have the need to capture those unique moments in space and time in my life. Much has happened since I last updated, and yet due to my laziness, procrastination and preoccupation with various stuff, I never got round to preserving those noteworthy moments in my life and my thoughts about them. The need to keep a record is even greater this semester, which is the beginning of my third and last year in university (unless I do my Honours year, which would mean an extra year). When I think about how it was not too long ago when I first entered university all excited yet full of anxiety about a new phase of my life, I get a little frightened upon realizing how time slips by so quickly. Therefore, now that the mid-semester break is just round the corner and I can finally take a breather, I resolve to update this blog more frequently with my thoughts, observations and of course those unique moments in space and time. I'm thinking at least one post a week, or one post per forthnight if I am busy (hey, I am a senior student after all!). But there will be entries to come, that's a promise to readers and myself.

Anyway, here're some updates on myself. Having completed my one semester of exchange with the University of Leeds, I went back to my university in Brisbane, Australia to resume my undergraduate studies. Not much about the city and my university has changed in the six months I was away. This semester, I moved to a new residential college. I could've moved back to my old one, but I figured that staying there fore 1 and a half years was long enough. Besides, I have enough of college food and after staying in a self-catered college for six months in Leeds, I decided that I definitely prefer to cook for myself. So far, I'm liking it here in my new college, and I'm closer to my neighbours here than to the neighbours I had in my previous colleges.

It's dinner time now, so I'll sign off here. There WILL be more entries to come, so keep an eye on this space. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment